The Australian Festival Industry Conference (AFIC) is Asia Pacific’s leading industry marketplace for festival management personnel who deliver quality music, arts and culture, food and drink, ideas and sporting festivals. The event features a conference program, trade show and networking events.
Founded in 2019 by Carlina Ericson, AFIC was launched as is dedicated and exclusive industry event aimed at servicing the 200,000+ Australian festival industry professionals that produce quality festivals across Australia and the Asia Pacific.
AFIC’s next event will be held across Wednesday 30 August – Thursday 31 August 2023 at Luna Park Sydney. A full program reveal is planned for March and early bird tickets will go on sale shortly after. To receive information about future events, subscribe here.
Delegates include festival producers/directors/managers from festivals that are public (all tiers), private, and not-for-profit run festivals from across Australia. Read more about who attends.
AFIC is a chance for organisers to learn, share and network with industry colleagues, whilst meeting and connecting with industry suppliers, grant providers and educational institutions.
After a three year hiatus due to the pandemic, AFIC’s second follow up event took place across 30 August – 1 September 2022 at Sea World Resort on the Gold Coast, and was a tremendous success, attracting delegates from across Australia and the Asia Pacific. View our event galleries. You can also view last year’s speakers and read all of our media coverage
AFIC’s Aim & Purpose
AFIC’s aim is to service the thousands of professionals that make up today’s Australian festival landscape, spanning across:
- Music festivals
- Arts & cultural festivals: including comedy, film, writing, photography, visual art, performing arts, multi-cultural, etc.
- Food & drink festivals: including wine, beer, cider, spirits, non-alcoholic, etc
- Intellectual & ideas festivals: i.e. TEDx, All About Women, etc. Also includes sustainability festivals.
- Sporting festivals
AFIC provides industry professionals with a conference-style platform to:
- Discuss and form a “collective voice” key issues facing the industry
- Learn about the latest innovative developments and best-practices
- Exchange information, ideas and case studies from festivals occurring across Australia
- Become empowered to further develop the quality of Australian festivals
- Network with fellow industry professionals
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from some of the industry’s most experienced and successful professionals on topics such as:
- Legislative changes
- Operational developments (i.e. site planning, traffic management)
- Technological event management advancements
- Human resource & volunteer management strategies
- Destination management strategies
- And more…
Should you attend? Find out more.