Established in 2019, the Australian Festival Industry Conference (AFIC) is the only conference in Australia dedicated exclusively to servicing the thousands of festival industry professionals that produce quality music, arts and culture, food and drink, “intellectual and ideas” and sporting festivals! Learn more
Tickets are on sale now. SAVE $150 when you book prior to 1 August 2022. Group discounts of 10% are also available.
Deadline: 5:00pm, Wednesday 24 August 2022 (or unless sold out prior).
To purchase tickets, click here
AFIC will run over 2.5 days and includes:
- Keynotes and presentations from 17 industry-leading professionals
- Panel discussion: Covid-19 site planning and safety for festivals
- Panel discussion: Workforce skills and labour shortages – planning for the future
- Two evening networking events
- Three workshops
- Trade expo
- Gold Coast familiarisation tour of HOTA
To view the full program, click here
- Thea Jeanes-Cochrane – co-founder, producer and creative director of Cochrane Entertainment
- Ulrich Schrauth – founder and artistic director behind VRHAM! Festival: the world’s first virtual reality festival, held in Germany
- Gill Minervini, festival director of Vivid Sydney and Director of Gill Minervini Creative
- Luke Pearl, general manager – operations, Rna (Brisbane Ekka and Brisbane Showgrounds)
- Jan McCormick, CEO of Major Events Gold Coast
- Dr Jamie Ranse, founder of the Mass Gatherings Collaboration, Griffith University
- Jason Holmes, managing director, H2 Insurance Solutions
- Garry O’Dell, senior researcher, Hunter Research Foundation Centre, The University of Newcastle
- Rob Raulings, director, Ferve Tickets
- Jeremy Fleming, managing director, Stagekings & IsoKing
- Morwenna Collett, disability access and inclusion expert
- Linda Tillman, director, The Tilma Group and rEVENTS Academy
- Dr Andrew Mathieson, senior lecturer, Australian National University
- Graham Gordon, CEO, Gardian Technologies
- Matt Kreis, head of sales and partnerships, Gardian Technologies
- Badi Mahabat, general manager, Casual Hands
- Jo Gaddes, lead vocational teacher (events), TAFE Queensland (Gold Coast)
- Jane Gazzo, broadcaster and AFIC Master of Ceremonies
To view each of our speaker bios, click here
After the pandemic, it’s imperative that the industry comes together as one to ensure it continues to successfully recover.
AFIC is a rare and vital opportunity to –
EDUCATE YOURSELF & YOUR STAFF
- Gain valuable insights into the future of our industry
- Obtain timely and targeted information to ensure your business’s survival
- Engage in robust conversations and contribute to developing best-practice
- Reinforce your professional standing in the Australian festival community
NETWORK WITH PROFESSIONALS FROM ACROSS AUSTRALIA
- Meet like-minded professionals
- Expand your national client base and form new partnerships
- Acquire new staff
- Discover new suppliers and/or reinforce existing supplier relations
PARTNER OR EXHIBIT
- Get your brand in front of 100+ highly targeted industry professionals through our various partnership opportunities
- Connect in-person with key decision makers from across the country
- Allow delegates to interact with your physical products, learn about your services and/or discover new technological advancements
- For more info and to submit an EOI, click here
What’s New in 2022?
- Expanded conference program: AFIC will run over 2.5 days (up from our original 1.5 days in 2019). To view our conference program, click here. To view our speaker bios, click here.
- New ticket types: we understand first-hand the economic impact that covid-19 has had upon our industry. We have therefore introduced a variety of ticket types to suit all budgets. To learn more, click here.
- New location and venue: thanks to the support of Destination Gold Coast, we’re pleased to be holding AFIC at Sea World Resort.
- Discounted accommodation and theme park passes: why not turn AFIC into a family holiday? To learn more, click here.
- Partner EOIs: keen to partner or exhibit with us? We’re keen for that, too! To learn more and submit an EOI, click here
To be notified of future event updates, please subscribe to our database.
What previous delegates and speakers say about AFIC..
“A wonderful conference for industry professionals from the festival landscape to share knowledge, learn about innovative developments, exchange information and discuss the key issues the industry faces. I was able to network and hear from some of the most experienced professionals on important topics. Being the only conference in Australia dedicated to servicing festival industry professionals I felt it was important to attend the inaugural Australian Festival Industry Conference.” Heather Croall, CEO, Adelaide Fringe Festival (SA)
“Australia’s festival industry needs a place to collaborate, focus, share, and innovate together as a group. The inaugural AFIC was everything the industry needs. This conference will become a critical piece of industry infrastructure in years to come.” Dave Horsley, Co-founder & Director, Screenwave International Film Festival (NSW)
“I rate it at 100% because you covered so many topics, had some fabulous speakers and the event was extremely well organised! Everyone I spoke to was very happy with the event.” Carol Hughes, Tamworth Shire Council (Tamworth Country Music Festival) (NSW)
“All the speakers were relevant to events and it was a great way to network with other event people. The location was easy to travel to and the resort was perfect.” Chantelle French, Events Officer, Waratah-Wynyard Council (TAS)
“Carlina, you did a brilliant job of curating relevant and useful presentations for the inaugural event. I wouldn’t have changed anything & I found it a very useful event for networking.” Phil Nicholas, Events Delivered (NSW)
Connect with Us
Join our professional networking groups on Facebook and LinkedIn – just search for ‘Australian Festival Industry Professionals’.
New Product Showcase Partners
Welcome Function Partner
Famil Venue Partner
Industry Media Partner