Established in 2019, the Australian Festival Industry Conference (AFIC) is the only conference in Australia dedicated exclusively to servicing the thousands of festival industry professionals that produce quality music, arts and culture, food and drink, “intellectual and ideas” and sporting festivals! Learn more
Tickets are ON SALE NOW. Deadline: 5:00pm (AEST), 17 August 2021 (or unless sold out prior).
To view and purchase tickets, click here
AFIC will run over 2.5 days and includes:
- Presentations from 15 industry-leading professionals
- Panel discussions (Covid-19 Site Planning & Safety for Festivals; and, The Future of Streaming, Content-on-Demand & Broadcast)
- Two evening networking events
- Trade expo
- Gold Coast familiarisation tour of local event venues
To view the full 2021 program, click here
- Thea Jeanes-Cochrane – Director of Cochrane Entertainment
- Ulrich Schrauth – Founder and Artistic Director behind VRHAM! Festival: the world’s first virtual reality festival, held in Germany
- Gill Minervini, Festival Director of Vivid Sydney and Director of Gill Minervini Creative
- Peter Noble, Chairman & Festival Director, Bluesfest Group
- Stephen Galbraith, General Manager, Brisbane Ekka and Brisbane Showgrounds
- Jan McCormick, CEO of Major Events Gold Coast
- Jon Corbishley, Chair of the Event Safety Alliance (AU Chapter) and Director of The Safety Officer Pty Ltd
- Dr Jamie Ranse, Founder of the Mass Gatherings Collaboration, Griffith University
- Garry O’Dell, PhD Researcher, The University of Newcastle
- Rob Raulings, Director, Ferve Tickets
- Jeremy Fleming, Director, Stagekings & IsoKing
- George Hedon, Founder & Festival Director, Pause Fest
- Morwenna Collet, disability access and inclusion expert
- Linda Tillman, Director, The Tilma Group and rEVENTS Academy
- Dylan Lewis, Double J presenter (AFIC’s Master of Ceremonies)
To view each of our 2021 speaker bios, click here
After 2020, it’s imperative that the industry comes together as one to ensure it continues to successfully recover.
AFIC is a rare and vital opportunity to –
EDUCATE YOURSELF & YOUR STAFF
- Gain valuable insights into the future of our industry
- Obtain timely and targeted information to ensure your business’s survival
- Engage in robust conversations and contribute to developing best-practice
- Reinforce your professional standing in the Australian festival community
NETWORK WITH PROFESSIONALS FROM ACROSS AUSTRALIA
- Meet like-minded professionals
- Expand your national client base and form new partnerships
- Acquire new staff
- Discover new suppliers and/or reinforce existing supplier relations
PARTNER OR EXHIBIT
- Get your brand in front of 100+ highly targeted industry professionals through our various partnership opportunities
- Connect in-person with key decision makers from across the country
- Allow delegates to interact with your physical products, learn about your services and/or discover new technological advancements
- For more info and to submit an EOI, click here
What’s New in 2021?
- Expanded conference program: AFIC 2021 will run over 2.5 days (up from our original 1.5 days in 2019). To view our conference program, click here. To view our 2021 speaker bios, click here.
- New ticket types & payment plans: we understand first-hand the economic impact that covid-19 has had upon our industry. We have therefore introduced a variety of ticket types in 2021 to suit all budgets, as well as introduced a payment plan option. To view and purchase tickets, click here.
- New location and venue: thanks to the support of Destination Gold Coast, we’re pleased to be holding AFIC at Sea World Resort.
- Discounted accommodation, theme park passes and 50% off flights: why not turn AFIC into a family holiday? For more info, click here.
- Partner EOIs: keen to partner or exhibit with us? We’re keen for that, too! You may be eligible to claim 50% of your costs through Austrade’s Business Events Grant Program. For more info and to submit an EOI, click here
To be notified of future event updates, please subscribe to our database.
What previous delegates and speakers say about AFIC..
“A wonderful conference for industry professionals from the festival landscape to share knowledge, learn about innovative developments, exchange information and discuss the key issues the industry faces. I was able to network and hear from some of the most experienced professionals on important topics. Being the only conference in Australia dedicated to servicing festival industry professionals I felt it was important to attend the inaugural Australian Festival Industry Conference.” Heather Croall, CEO, Adelaide Fringe Festival (SA)
“Australia’s festival industry needs a place to collaborate, focus, share, and innovate together as a group. The inaugural AFIC was everything the industry needs. This conference will become a critical piece of industry infrastructure in years to come.” Dave Horsley, Co-founder & Director, Screenwave International Film Festival (NSW)
“I rate it at 100% because you covered so many topics, had some fabulous speakers and the event was extremely well organised! Everyone I spoke to was very happy with the event.” Carol Hughes, Tamworth Shire Council (Tamworth Country Music Festival) (NSW)
“All the speakers were relevant to events and it was a great way to network with other event people. The location was easy to travel to and the resort was perfect.” Chantelle French, Events Officer, Waratah-Wynyard Council (TAS)
“Carlina, you did a brilliant job of curating relevant and useful presentations for the inaugural event. I wouldn’t have changed anything & I found it a very useful event for networking.” Phil Nicholas, Events Delivered (NSW)
Connect with Us
You can also join our official professional networking groups on Facebook and LinkedIn – just search for ‘Australian Festival Industry Professionals’.
Plus, check out our ‘Useful Resources’ page for a list of job opportunities, grants, useful resources, and more – click here
Welcome Function Partner