Plan Your Trip
AFIC will be held at Opal Cove Resort. The resort boasts ocean views and offers a variety of room types.
Special Offer: to take advantage of the below rates, phone (02) 6600 2200 or email [email protected] and use the code ‘AFIC 2019‘
- Resort Room Single $153.50 (breakfast included)
- Resort Room Twin/Double $175.00 (breakfast included)
- Ocean Room Single $173.50 (breakfast included)
- Ocean Room Twin/Double $195.00 (breakfast included)
- Junior Suite Single $253.50 (breakfast included)
- Junior Suite Twin $275.00 (breakfast included)
- 2 Bedroom Self Contained Villas $290.00 – unserviced / room only / minimum 2 nights (breakfast optional *)
- 3 Bedroom Self Contained Villas $330.00 – unserviced / room only / minimum 2 nights (breakfast optional *)
- 4 Bedroom Beachfront Apartments $450.00 – unserviced / room only /minimum 2 nights (breakfast optional *)
*breakfast can be added for an additional $21.50 per person, per day.
Coffs Harbour boasts an exciting array of hotels, resorts, bed and breakfasts, and more. For more information, visit the Coffs Coast tourism website.
Stay and Play
Relax in Nature
Coffs Harbour is famous for its friendly beachside atmosphere. The city is surrounded by an abundance of pristine National Parks and the sub-tropical Solitary Islands Marine Park, along with approximately 60km of pristine coastline. The natural environment and uncrowded beaches are complimented by a wide range of exciting activities and attractions, excellent shopping, and award winning cafes and restaurants. For a full list of local activities, visit the Coffs Coast tourism website or visit one of Coffs Harbour’s visitor information services outlets.
Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival – 25-27 October, Dorrigo
If you feel like exploring the wider Coffs Coast region, why not take a 30min drive up to Dorrigo – located on top of the Great Dividing Range and set amongst the World Heritage Listed Gondwana rainforest. Now one of the major events in Dorrigo, it features 50+ local, National and International acts. The Festival is held at the Dorrigo Showgrounds on Gumbaynggirr Country, a 5 minute drive from the Dorrigo National Park and Rainforest Centre at the top of the mountain. Dorrigo and its surrounds is also home to many beautiful cascading waterfalls including Dangar Falls, 2 minutes drive from the Showground. For more information, including driving instructions, click here.
By the C Festival – 26 October, Park Beach Reserve
Presented By Zaccaria and By The C, the festival will take place the day after AFIC concludes on Saturday October 26, 2019 at Park Beach Reserve, Coffs Harbour. Purchase tickets.
Getting to Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour is conveniently located half way between Sydney and Brisbane. Coffs Harbour’s geographic proximity to various key metropolitan and major regional catchment areas makes it easy for delegates to the event by plane, car, train or bus.
- Flights: flights depart daily from Sydney and Brisbane. There are regular weekly flights from Melbourne. Coffs Harbour is serviced by Virgin Australia, Qantas, Tiger Australia and Fly Corporate.
- Car: approximately 5.5 hours north of Sydney, 4 hours north of Newcastle, and 5 hours south of Brisbane.
- Train: the XPT train runs to/from Sydney and Brisbane and includes multiple stops along the way.
- Bus: Greyhound services the area on a daily basis – view the timetable