AFIC is a new nationally focused event and is the only conference in Australia dedicated exclusively to servicing the thousands of festival industry professionals that produce quality music, arts and culture, food and drink, “intellectual and ideas” and sporting festivals.
AFIC was first held in 2019 and received overwhelming praise from the industry.
It will return again in 2020 with an expanded program across Tuesday 22nd – Thursday 24th September at Pacific Bay Resort in Coffs Harbour, NSW.
To be kept informed of key event updates, subscribe here.
AFIC’s Aim & Purpose
AFIC’s aim is to service the thousands of professionals that make up today’s Australian festival landscape, spanning across:
- Music festivals
- Arts & cultural festivals: including comedy, film, writing, photography, visual art, performing arts, multi-cultural, etc.
- Food & drink festivals: including wine, beer, cider, spirits, non-alcoholic, etc
- Intellectual & ideas festivals: i.e. TEDex, All About Women, etc. Also includes sustainability festivals.
- Sporting festivals
AFIC provides industry professionals with a conference-style platform to:
- Discuss and form a “collective voice” key issues facing the industry
- Learn about the latest innovative developments and best-practices
- Exchange information, ideas and case studies from festivals occurring across Australia
- Become empowered to further develop the quality of Australian festivals
- Network with fellow industry professionals
Delegates will have the opportunity to hear from some of the industry’s most experienced and successful professionals on topics such as:
- Legislative changes
- Operational developments (i.e. site planning, traffic management)
- Technological event management advancements
- Human resource & volunteer management strategies
- Destination management strategies
- And more…
Should you attend? Find out more.